A new CloudTurbine release, V0.4, is available at https://github.com/cycronix/cloudturbine/releases/tag/V0.4 (or from the “CloudTurbine Release” link on the Download page). This release includes:
- bug fixes,
- new streaming data application, “CTstream” (an enhanced version of CTscreencap),
- new demo app “CTmousetrack” to capture mouse cursor movement as x/y CT channels,
- option for end-to-end data encryption,
- significantly improved performance from the CTlib core library.
The “CTapps.zip” file provided with this release includes sample audio/video data of a SpaceX launch, making it very easy to get a CloudTurbine demonstration up and running:
- Download CTapps.zip from GitHub.
- Extract the contents of CTapps.zip into a local folder on your computer
- Double-click on CTweb.jar from the extracted CTapps folder; this will start CTweb serving content from the included CTdata folder
- In a browser, launch WebScan by going to http://localhost:8000 ; select the “image.jpg” and “audio.wav” channels from the SpaceX source (see the figure below).
Sample data provided with CloudTurbine release V0.4 displayed using CTweb/WebScan